Tuesday, September 7, 2010

My First AKM Lesson

I ejoyed the lesson crafted by Dr Yap with the use of Tangram to make a square. What I liked about it was the way he demonstrated how we could reflect our learning through coaching. Through the activity, he scaffolded us and the questioning techniques he used worked around the Pentagon Model. He also included areas such the SEL and CLS to build our confidence Hahaaa...especially when we had to arrange the tangram pieces accordingly to his instructions.

I guess this module would be interesting as we will be exploring the different initiatives that have been rolled out in our Primary Mathematics Curriculum, understanding why it is essential to meet the national needs and international trends.

At the back of my mind, I would like to know how to make the children in class interested in mathematics. How to make them LOVE this subject. Other than considering the different factors such as the different learning styles of the children and teacher, the use of multiple intelligences in teaching of mathematics. What else?